Definitions and interpretation
|Data||collectively all information that you submit to Ginx TV Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|Cookies||a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);|
|Ginx TV Limited, or us||Ginx TV Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07106615 whose registered office is at Unit 8, Acorn Production Centre, r/o 105 Blundell Street, London, N7 9BN;|
|UK and EU Cookie Law||the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|User or you||any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Ginx TV Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Ginx TV Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and|
|Website||the website that you are currently using, http://www.ginx.tv, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- Like most websites this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. Although GA records data such as your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, non of this information personally identifies you to us. GA also records your computer’s IP address which could be used to personally identify you but Google do not grant us to this. We consider Google to be a third party processor.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
Should you choose to add a comment to any post that we have published on our website, the name and email address you enter with your comment will be saved to this website’s database, along with the computer’s IP address and the time and date that you submitted the comment. Only your name will be shown on the public-facing website.
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form on our Contact us page, or an email link like this one, non of the data you supply will be stored by this website or passed to/be processed by any of the third party data processors defined in this policy. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over SMTP. Our own SMTP servers are protected by TLS (also known as SSL) meaning that the email content is encrypted. However, not all email servers are secured in such a way. Therefore, we would suggest that you always consider email as an insecure medium and not include personal, confidential or otherwise sensitive information within an email.
If you choose to join our email newsletter, the email address that you submit will be forwarded to MailChimp who provide us email marketing services. We consider MailChimp to be a third party data processor. The email address will not be stored withing this website’s own database or in any of our computer systems.
Your email address will remain within MailChimp’s database for as long as we continue to use MailChimp’ services for email marketing or until you specifically request removal from the list. You can do this by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe links contained in any email newsletters that we send you or by requesting removal by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. When requesting removal via email, please use the email account that is subscribed to the mailing list.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Ginx TV Limited is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
If you are under 16 years of age, you MUST obtain parental consent before joining our email newsletter.
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- identify you as a contributor to the comment section of the respective website post. Your comment and its associated personal data will remain on this site until we see fit to either 1/remove the comment 2/ remove the post. Should you wish to have the comment and it’s associated personal data deleted, please email us at email@example.com using the email address you commented with.
If you are under 16 years of age you MUST obtain parental consent before posting a comment on our blog.
Note: you should avoid entering personally identifiable information to the actual comment field of any post that you submit on this website.
If you submit a comment to a post or register on the website, some personal information will be stored withing this website’s database. This data is currently stored in an identifiable fashion; a limitation of the content management system that this website is build on (wordpress). We aim to change the storage of this data to a pseudonymous fashion meaning that the data would require additional processing using a separately stored “Key” before it could be used to identify an individual. Pseudonymisation is a recent requirement of GDPR which many web application developers are currently working to fully implement. We are committed to keeping it as a high priority and will implement it on this website as soon as we are able to.
This website is hosted by WPEngine. Full details of WPEngine’s data centre can be found here.
Third party websites and services
- Ginx TV Limited may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Functionality of the Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Ginx TV Limited (where such Data is held) free of charge, in an electronic format. To do so, please contact GINX TV limited by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to have your personal data erased, further dissemination of the data ceased and third parties halt processing your data. You will be given options to restrict our use of that Data on your account on your Account page and/or wherever you are required to submit Data. You can also contact us by email at email@example.com.
- Data security is of great importance to Ginx TV Limited and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Ginx TV Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Analytical/performance Cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Targeting Cookies. These Cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
The data controller of this website is: Ginx TV Limited, a UK Private limited company with company number 07106615 whose registered office is: Unit 8 Acorn Production Centre, R/O 105 Blundell Street, London, England, N7 9BN.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).