GINX Esports TV is hiring for two full-time esports journalists to help produce and bolster the content being published every day. If you’re looking for full-time work in esports journalism, have a look at our job description below.
Created in 2010, GINX Esports TV is the largest TV network dedicated to esports. Available in 55+ million homes, across more than 50 territories in 10 languages, GINX Esports TV aims to extend the reach of esports into mainstream sports audiences.
GINX Esports TV is recruiting two esports journalists to join the Digital team in our London HQ. The team operates as a central hub, collaborating with partners and affiliates across the world and a wide array of functions: Press, Production, Event organisation, Distribution, Production and other stakeholders.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for being on the pulse with any breaking news in the esports industry, as well as securing interviews for features both on the website and for production purposes.
You will collaborate with the wider team to help implement a focused content strategy that is both accessible and enjoyable for our readers across the globe as we seek to expand the GINX brand.
- Research, fact-check and write esports content for the website ginx.tv
- Find and secure the most interesting and relevant stories or voices from the gaming and esports industry across the world
- Use our platform to create engaging, shareable and opinionated esports content which will be distributed on the internet platform and in our TV Shows
- Chase leads for breaking news and keep up to date with the goings-on of the industry
- Attend planning and creative meetings
- Collaborate closely with the team to best serve the GINX brand
- Represent GINX during events and shows, shot by or about GINX
We are seeking a dedicated, hardworking and talented candidate. This position suits esports enthusiasts who have a prior background in esports journalism.
Our ideal candidate already has a deep national and/or international esports social network.
- Be fluent in English. Another language would be a plus
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have previous experience in esports and/or journalism or content production
- Be able to work nights and weekends based on live event coverage needs
- Be confident chasing a story
- Be able to work cohesively with a small, multinational team
- Live in London or within a commutable distance
- High computer literacy including Office suite with the ability to learn new tools quickly
- Undergraduate degree with Upper Second Class Honours (2:1), or experience equivalent
- Journalism qualifications would be a plus
If you would like to apply, please send over a CV and covering letter (with links to published work) to email@example.com.