Blizzard’s MOBA is getting a brand new character, though to call it that is perhaps a bit of an overstatement. Meet StarCraft 2’s Probius, a named Protoss Probe who’s set to be the newest addition to Heroes Of The Storm.
The character is a Specialist, replete with a number of different damage-dealing abilities that sound like it could be an interesting addition to the roster – despite the otherwise anonymity of the unit in the game it is born from.
Probius has an interesting feature in that he can only regenerate mana in fields generated by pylons that he can summon, meaning he needs to balance his attack opportunities.
Probius is yet to be released onto Heroes Of The Storm, expect him on the PTR shortly, but already Blizzard has detailed his abilities. If that’s not enough for you, be sure to check out the accompanying reveal trailer, which might be the cutest damn character trailer for Heroes Of The Storm yet.
- Hero Trait: Warp In Pylon
- Warp in a Pylon that generates a Power Field and grants vision of the surrounding area. Probius only regenerates mana while inside a Power Field. Up to 2 Pylons can be active at a time.
- Q Ability: Disruption Pulse
- Fire a burst of energy forward, dealing 150 damage to all enemies it passes through. Hitting the center of a Warp Rift will cause it to explode, dealing additional damage.
- W Ability: Warp Rift
- Open an unstable Warp Rift at a location that takes 1.25 seconds to arm, which then slows nearby enemies by 20% lasting 9 seconds. Armed Warp Rifts explode when hit by Disruption Pulse, dealing 261 damage to nearby enemies.
- E Ability: Photon Cannon
- Warp in a Photon Cannon that deals 95 damage per second. Lasts for 11 seconds. Must be placed within a Pylon’s Power Field. Deactivates if it doesn’t have a Pylon powering it.
- Heroic 1: Pylon Overcharge
- Increase the size of Pylon power fields and allow them to attack enemies within it for 110 damage per second. Lasts 10 seconds. Passive: Pylons gain permanent Shields equal to 50% of their max Health.
- Heroic 2: Null Gate
- Project a barrier of negative energy in the target direction that lasts 4 seconds. Enemies who touch the barrier take 64 damage per second and are slowed by 80% for as long as they remain in contact with it.